Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Call + Response

I had some crazy times this past weekend that are sure to make an entertaining blog, but I don't have the energy to write about them right now, so stay tuned.

I do want to make people aware of a movie that came out last weekend that everyone should see. It's called Call + Response. It's a documentary about an important issue that most people are unaware of. I definitely was. So spreading awareness is the first step toward making a change. I could tell you all about it, but instead you can just watch the trailer. (The beginning of the trailer is a little weird, but it makes a point.)



It's a very upsetting documentary, but it's tempered with musical performances and very interesting discussion. Also, every penny of the proceeds from the movie goes to charity. Go see it.

2 comments:

Rob, Kelly, Bennett, and Elodie said...

Thanks putting this out there, I have heard of it, and would like to see the movie. Because of the babysitting situation, it will probably be a rental for us. They did a T.V. movies a while back on this subject (that actress we saw at Disneyland was in it, I am blanking on her name...), it was so sickening, disturbing, and important.

Love you.

Colleen said...

Thanks for the comment. We saw Mira Sorvino at Disneyland.