Sunday, May 9, 2010

Not a Mother... and Mother's Day

I've been pretty absent from the blogosphere this week. The last couple of weeks have been pretty weird in my life. I had a bit of a health scare, which I was trying to remain calm about but was actually pretty freaked out. The anticlimactic conclusion was that they don't know what's wrong with me, but it's (most likely) nothing serious. In the meantime I got some bloodwork done (which is my least favorite thing on the planet.) And an ultrasound. Yeah, the kind where they put the gel on your belly and look at your insides. Only instead of my uterus, it was my gall bladder. And instead of a baby, there was just some bile. (Sorry to be gross.) I had no idea the affect this process would have on me, but it made me really sad. No baby. No husband. No boyfriend to hold my hand. Thanks for the painful reminder, universe.

So, I'm doing ok now. I'm happy that I'm not dying or anything, which my wild imagination was concerned about. I still have my amazing family and my amazing Jesus. Last week I went to see my friends in SLO and it was an extremely relaxing mini-vacation. And wow, do those girls make me laugh. I'm back to reality now. I'm still thinking about being a foster mama sometime soon, because my life needs to go somewhere. However, it's not likely that I can afford to do that... So if you wanted to pray for me, that would be oh so appreciated. For direction, and guidance, and answers. Thank you friends.

Also, Happy Mother's Day to my sweet Mom who came to my anti-climactic doctor's appointment, "Not because I think there's anything really wrong with you... Just, you know, for support." I didn't really believe her, but it turns out there's nothing really wrong anyway. :) Thanks for the support Mom. I love you.



Subscribe in a reader

7 comments:

SomeGirl said...

May God be glorified in and through your life!! Praying for you! ♥ Michelle

Single and Sane said...

It's great that your mom could be with you. It's unsettling trying to figure out if there's anything to be concerned about or not.

Praying for the direction, guidance, and answers that you seek.

Pam said...

Hi Colleen, welcome to the Gratitude Community. I've been watching Ann's page for months and finally jumped into the community myself a couple of months ago.
Saying a prayer for you!
Pam

Holley Gerth said...

Girl, I can relate. How about we start an "Others Day" so those of us without kiddos can get some holiday loot too. (:

Charlotte said...

Awwww, I'm happy to hear that all went well, but it's still so terrifying to have to deal with any kind of health scare like that. I'm glad your mom was there to hold your hand through it all.

Leaza in Denver said...

Every now and then,you gotta take a break! It's impossible to be superwoman full-time.

I hope you are feeling better. :)

Mel said...

You have a beautiful blog and boy do I wish I would have came here and visited firt {and read this} so that I wouldn't have made such a mistake adding you to my mommyblogger twitter list. Again I am very sorry about that. Glad to hear that all is well and that your mom was there for you!