Friday, April 2, 2010

Good Friday

He was oppressed and He was afflicted, Yet He opened not His mouth; He was led as a lamb to the slaughter; And as a sheep before its shearers is silent, So He opened not His mouth.

Isaiah 53:7

Then Jesus said, "Father forgive them, for they know not what they do."

Then the sun was darkened, and the veil of the temple was torn in two. And when Jesus had cried out with a loud voice, He said, "Father into Your hands I commit my spirit." Having said this, He breathed His last.

Luke 23: 34, 45-46

But He was wounded for our transgressions, He was bruised for our iniquities; The chastisement for our peace was upon Him, And by His stripes we are healed.

Isaiah 53:5

My feet on the ground where Jesus was beaten.

Golgatha, where Jesus was crucified:




3 comments:

Linda Z said...

Thank you for sharing your photos! That must have been such an amazing experience. I would love to hear about your Israel trip someday.

Colleen said...

Thanks Linda, it was amazing! I will definitely do some posts about the trip at some point in the future. Unfortunately I didn't have this blog at the time, but I did take a TON of photos, and keep a journal, so I will probably post a lot of that good stuff later. :)

Bonnie Gray said...

Hi Colleen - wow - you were THERE! I've never been.. but thanks for sharing on this special weekend/day.

Happy Easter!