Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Dear Blog,

I am sorry I have been neglecting you. You are important to me, I promise. I think you're valued by others as well, and I know that when I neglect you, it affects them too. I have been selfish and I apologize.

Ok, moving on. I had an amazingly fabulous time on vacation. I got some quality time in with the fam, and then set off on a nautical adventure of epic proportions. I am going to wait to talk more about the cruise when the pictures have been compiled so I can do a little photo journalism... more fun that way.

A little about the family time... Kelly and I took the kids trick or treating, which was a fun and hilarious time. (Especially the littlest boy running after the others, chanting, "oh god, oh god, oh god." Ha ha.) If Tommy had his way he would have stayed extended amounts of time at each house, trying out the kids' toys and chatting with the adults ("you'll never believe what I saw at the last house!") We had to hurry him along so he didn't get left in the dust by the bigger kids, but that made it all the more entertaining. Then throughout the weekend: Ally and I had lengthy intellectual conversations about Harry Potter, we all cheered at Ally's soccer game, Tommy and Bennett had a grand old time playing in a fountain (Tara: "hypothetically, Kelly, if Bennett were soaking from head to toe, how would you feel?"), I got to watch Ally do a triathlon (she's quite the athlete), spent some quality time with Arletta, watched Sesame Street with Bennett, and in the end, with a sigh in my heart, said goodbye to everyone. Good thing Thanksgiving is next week! :)

After the cruise (details later, promise) I returned to the land of Port. I had a lot to catch up on with school, despite the fact that I worked my tail off before I left. I also had a bit of a financial crisis. Basically, reality came crashing down on me, and it was a bit of a rough week. Hence, no blogging. But I am doing better now, remembering to trust God, He's gotten me this far after all. And, speaking of His faithfulness... I have a job interview on Tuesday! It's at a group home, and I'm a little nervous about that, I'm not going to lie, but I think it will be good experience and I really need the money. So, say a prayer for me that I'll get the job. Thanks!

So that's about all I have for you, other than this special clip that I have Bennett to thank for. It's brought to you by the letter J.
Don't forget to turn the sound off on my playlist at the bottom. And you don't need to watch the whole thing, just about a minute and a half or so and you'll get the good stuff. :)

4 comments:

Mom Ryan said...

Thanks Colleen for your story about your visit with the fam. It was a good time had by all. We are very excited about the holiday coming up. Townsends, Sebastian and his girlfriend are joining us so we should have a grand time! And of course we get to celebrate Bennett's 2nd birthday which will be another fun happening! Love you!

Adriana said...

hehe, i love the clip! poor james blunt... he fell for an obtuse triangle.... or is it isosceles?? those pesky triangles are heartless :P

anyway, so glad your cruise was amazing! I can't wait to see pics!
and it sounds like halloween with the kiddies was spectacular!

i love you!

ps: did you call me on skype the other day? i got on around 4am after an evening of dancing and drinking. unfortunately, i passed out before shutting it down, so i think you called and i missed it:( sorry friend, i promise to call you soon!

Anonymous said...

ЎHola!
Interesante, no va a continuar con este artнculo?
Gracias

[url=http://www.long4love.net/]Worker[/url]

Anonymous said...

Come On
Gracias

[url=http://www.hosgoho.com/]Socco[/url]