Sunday, January 18, 2009

Always a Bridesmaid...

My good friend Kayla got engaged last weekend, and I have the honor of being a bridesmaid in her wedding. She was my first friend at FCNI, and we bonded over discussing our shared clients, who were a handful, to say the least. She is always there to listen and be supportive, she volunteered herself to clean my bathroom when I moved out of my apartment in AG, she loves my dogs almost as much as I do (sometimes I think more) and she made plans to come visit me in Portland almost the moment I left SLO. She is a great person, and an amazing friend, and I much appreciate her in my life. I love you Kayla, thanks for making me a part of your special day!

With that said, on March 7th, I will head down to SLO county and I will don my 5th bridesmaid dress. I'm working my way toward 27. ;)

While I'm on the subject, I just got a cd of the photographer's pics from my friend Jenny's wedding in September of 2007. Jenny was my roommate our sophomore year at Cal Poly. We had a lot of laughs and good times that year, and it was a pleasure to be a part of her wedding. It was a beautiful day, and so much fun. Take a look:
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

And in unrelated news.... Happy Obama day! 

9 comments:

Mom Ryan said...

Happy Obama Day to you!! --1 day late. I went to a party at the Monterey Fairgrounds with local Democrats (&Bev&Ed); we watched the inauguaration, and then danced and danced. Very joyful!! (Dad was at band practice). Beautiful photos...thanks for sharing.

Love you,
Mom

Rob, Kelly, Bennett, and Elodie said...

I can't wait to be your bridesmaid one day!

Pretty pictures; I love Jenny's dress.

I am SO happy that you have another important reason to ensure that you will come get some quality time with Miss Elodie :).

Love and miss you,
Kelly

Amy said...

I love your blog...you look absolutely beautiful in the pictures. I hope you guys can come up for another SEATTLE 09 trip. I had a blast with you and Ginger. Looking forward to your next post as well as a trip down to Portland in the near future!

Colleen said...

Thanks Amy! I'm so excited that you read my blog and commented! I had lots of fun this weekend too! Thanks so much for having us! Looking forward to Portland '09! :)

Also, thanks Mom and Kel. Love you guys too. Can't wait to see you in March! Can't wait to meet that little girl!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the very sweet note in your blog, I feel very special that you will be part of the wedding as you have been such a GREAT friend to me and have shown me what it means to be a "friend". And, it gives you a reason to visit which is always fun!! Cant wait to see you in six weeks (wow that is soon) and you get to see the house too!!

Kevin Markley said...

that was a lot of photos...

blwells said...

I've decided that if I looked up IDEAL bridesmaid in the dictionary I would find a photo of you. You would never let me snot on myself at the alter. :)

Love,
Pumba

Colleen said...

Kayla - Thanks friend. I can't wait to see you on your wedding day. And your makeup is going to be gorgeous. I think about it on a regular basis. :)

Kevin - That was such a deep and thoughtful comment, thank you.

Brooke! Yay! I'm so excited you commented! And on the same entry that Amy commented. It's like a CV party! Thanks for the sentiments too. You're right, I would never let you snot yourself.
Love,
Timon

Linda Z said...

Very beautiful wedding!! I love how the bridemaids dresses were in different colors. I was a flower girl in a wedding like that, but the dresses were bright pastels...I prefer the earthtones! :)